The Town of Black Mountain Mission Statement:
The Municipal Government of Black Mountain strives to:
- Provide quality services to protect the health, safety and welfare of its citizens
- Exercise stewardship over its resources
- Promote a high quality of life, support economic prosperity, cultivate community, and honor its heritage and culture
The Town of Black Mountain provides a full array of municipal services. One of our goals is to provide quality services that protect the health, safety, and welfare of our citizens while preserving a high quality of life. In an effort to achieve these goals, we provide the following municipal services.
- Police Protection is provided by the Black Mountain Police Department. Contact the Police for regular business (non-emergency) at (828) 419-9350. For an emergency, call 911.
- Fire Protection is provided by the Black Mountain Fire Department. For an emergency call 911 or (828) 419-9320.
- Building Inspections are provided through the Planning & Zoning Department (828) 419-9300 ext. 604.
- Garbage Collection (including recycling) is provided for residential customers through a contract with a private sector waste collection company. This service is administered through the Public Works Department (828) 419-9300 x 602.
- Water Services are provided by the Public Works Department, Water Administration. Contact them at (828) 419-9300 ext. 603.
- Street Maintenance/Construction is provided by our Public Works Department. To report a pothole or other problem, click here.
- Planning and Zoning is provided via the Planning and Zoning Department (828) 419-9300 ext. 604.
- Animal Control services are provided by the Buncombe County Sheriff's office (click for more information). You may contact the Animal Services Division at (828) 250-6670.
- Public Transportation via bus is provided by the Town to and from Asheville and within the Black Mountain area