The Town of Black Mountain is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap. The Town of Black Mountain prohibits discrimination based on any of these characteristics.
The Human Resources Coordinator provides residents and employees with a full range of services that includes recruitment and selection, competitive pay and benefits, wellness initiatives, training, employee relations, and organizational development.
Our employees enjoy a friendly atmosphere and a safe, healthy work environment. If you are interested in such a work place, please review our employment opportunities for a position that is right for you.
The Town of Black Mountain offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees. These benefits include:
- Health Insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 5% employer contribution to 401(k)
- Contributory retirement system (LGERS)
- 10 days paid vacation leave per year; increases with service to 22 days
- Voluntary Shared Leave
- 12 days paid sick leave per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance (choice of plans)
- Long-Term Care Insurance (voluntary)
- Cancer Insurance Plan (voluntary)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discounts (Golf course & Pool)
- 1 Wellness hour per week
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Town of Black Mountain Local Government. The Town of Black Mountain offers a comprehensive benefits package to its employees that includes medical, dental, vision, and retirement savings plans.
The Town of Black Mountain requires that all applicants submit an application. Applications are only accepted for positions in which the Town is actively recruiting. Unsolicited applications and/or resumes for other positions will be placed on file. Positions in which the Town is recruiting use the Town Application, unless otherwise noted in the specific posting. The Town of Black Mountain employment application can be downloaded or obtained in person at Town of Black Mountain from the Human Resources Coordinator.
Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, or e-mail to the HR Coordinator.
- If you are applying for a position with Administration or as a Department Director, please provide a copy of your college transcript if applicable.
- Resumes may be attached to applications; however, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Applications must be received by the Human Resources Coordinator no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date. Applications sent by mail must be postmarked by the closing date.
- Accommodation requests must be made to the Human Resources Coordinator at 828-419-9300 x 309.
A pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check is required for all final candidates. The Town of Black Mountain uses E-Verify for verification of legal employment eligibility status. The Town of Black Mountain is an equal opportunity employer.