As homeowners, there are things that are done every day that impact the quality of local waterways. Water is a finite resource and must be protected. It is up to the citizens of this Town to help protect the water for ourselves and future generations.
Actions You Can Take
- Collect and dispose of waste properly.
- Help organize a community cleanup for a street, ditch, stream, or creek.
- Identify the storm drains in your neighborhood. Make sure that nothing but rain goes into the storm drain.
- Limit fertilizer and pesticide use and be sure to read the labels.
- Pick up litter. Bag and secure all trash and place in a proper disposal container.
- Recycle all used motor oils.
- Report suspected pollutants going into a stream, creek, or storm drain.
- Stabilize and vegetate bare and eroding areas of lawns. Sediment is the number one source of pollution in North Carolina streams.
- Take cars to a commercial carwash where water is recycled before being released into the sanitary sewer system.
*Information on this Web Page excerpted from City of Concord, Copyright 2019, and City of Winston-Salem, Copyright 2006-2020