The Black Mountain Citizen Academy gives citizens an inside look at town government. Are you ready to become a community leader?
Then the Black Mountain Citizen Academy is for you! Beginning on September 19, 2022 and continuing through October 17, 2022, the Academy will offer six sessions on weekday evenings. The free classes are from 5:30 p.m. to approximately 9 p.m. A meal will be provided. Classes are located in Town Hall’s Board Room at 160 Midland Ave. unless otherwise indicated. Class sizes are limited to 15-20 participants. Below is the schedule for the Academy sessions:
• September 19 – Welcome from Mayor/Town Council / Staff & Participant Introductions/ Overview of Town Government & Administration (Manager/Clerk/Finance)
• September 22 – Public Services and Parks and Recreation
• September 29 – Stormwater Administration
• October 3 – Black Mountain Police Department
• October 13 – Planning and Development
• October 17 – Black Mountain Fire Department
• October 17 – Graduation
Participants are encouraged to attend at least one Town Council meeting during Citizens Academy. Class size is limited to 15-20 participants.
The deadline to apply for the Academy is August 29, 2022.