June 15, 2021 1:02 PM
The Black Mountain Fire Department will be using shipping containers to simulate a real-life fire by using modified shipping containers meant to resemble a real burning building. This training will be taking place on our training grounds located at 1...
March 12, 2020 2:18 PM
The Town of Black Mountain has declared a local State of Emergency to coordinate response and protective actions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Citizens and Visitors of Black Mountain:
As communities begin to feel the impact of the coronavirus...
May 19, 2021 10:14 AM
Governor Roy Cooper shared an update on the state’s COVID-19 progress. Following yesterday’s guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that fully vaccinated individuals can safely do most activities without wearing a mask or the need to social distance from others, NC will remove its indoor mask mandate for most settings. Additionally, the state will lift all mass gathering limits and social distancing requirements. These changes are now in effect as of 1:30 p.m. Friday, May 14, 2021.
Here are the key points:
1. Face covering requirements are lifted in most settings.
2. Capacity restrictions are lifted in all settings.
3. Social distancing requirements have been lifted in all settings. (For example, there is no longer a requirement that tables in restaurants be spaced out.)
The following establishments, businesses, and institutions are required to follow NCDHHS Guidance with respect to indoor face covering requirements and all other COVID-19 related restrictions and recommendations:
- Children’s day or overnight camps
- Certain health care settings like long term care centers
- Public or private transportation regulated by the State of North Carolina and North Carolina airports, bus and train stations or stops
- Prisons and establishments that are providing shelter to people experiencing homelessness