As we continue to move forward and provide the best service we can, we would like to send out a few reminders to address some issues we continue to see.
- Each household will receive weekly collection of either 2 residential style garbage cans (fit as many bags as you can into those 2 cans) or if you do not use cans, we will collect 6 bags.
- All trash must be bagged (in regular trash bags, Ingles style grocery bags are not acceptable), including the trash inside the cans. If trash cans contain loose trash, they will not be serviced and the property owner will be responsible for placing all the trash inside bags before collection will occur.
- All trash and recycling must be placed at the curb no later than 7am on your collection day. Failure to do so will result in a missed pick up.
- Residents with shared driveways or who have multiple homes sitting trash cans in a central location are encouraged to label their trash cans with their home address number to distinguish their cans. If the employees aren't aware that the cans belong to multiple households, this could cause a delay in service.
- Yard waste is collected 3 days each week. These days vary week to week. Once you have the debris at the curb, you may schedule a pick up on our website or by calling 828-419-9300 option 2 and pick up will generally occur within a week (sooner than that typically).
- A maximum of 4 cubic yards (pile approx. 6ft long x 4ft wide x 4ft tall) may be placed at the curb each week for collection. All leaves, grass clippings and small debris must be bagged. Leaves should not be raked or blown into the ditches. This can create flooding issues during heavy rain events.