What zoning district am I in?

Visit Black Mountain GIS and then type in your address in the box on the upper-left of the screen. 

Call the Zoning Administrator at 828-419-9300, ext. 373.

Visit Buncombe County GIS and enter your address your property identification number (PIN) in the search box.  

Show All Answers

1. What zoning district am I in?
2. What uses are allowed in my zoning district?
3. Why are nonconforming businesses and signs allowed to exist?
4. What are the setbacks for my property?
5. What is the height limited if I put an addition on my home or build a new residence?
6. Are there setback requirements for things like decks and porches?
7. Can I add another residence to my property?
8. I want to encroach on a setback - can I apply for a variance?
9. I want to use my property for something not listed on the use table - can I apply for a use variance?
10. What are the Town's fence requirements?
11. Does the Town regulate signs?
12. Can a lot be subdivided?
13. I own adjacent lots. Can I adjust the property line between them?