What uses are allowed in my zoning district?

Visit the Table of Permitted Uses and look either by use or district. 

Contact the Zoning Administrator at 828-419-9300, ext. 373.

In the table, "P" means permitted by right, "A" means there are additional requirements, and "S" means permitted with an approved special use permit.

Show All Answers

1. What zoning district am I in?
2. What uses are allowed in my zoning district?
3. Why are nonconforming businesses and signs allowed to exist?
4. What are the setbacks for my property?
5. What is the height limited if I put an addition on my home or build a new residence?
6. Are there setback requirements for things like decks and porches?
7. Can I add another residence to my property?
8. I want to encroach on a setback - can I apply for a variance?
9. I want to use my property for something not listed on the use table - can I apply for a use variance?
10. What are the Town's fence requirements?
11. Does the Town regulate signs?
12. Can a lot be subdivided?
13. I own adjacent lots. Can I adjust the property line between them?